Johnson Hardwood produces high quality; on-trend flooring that is selectively harvested from countries all around the world. Whether lumber is harvested from our own forestlands, or sourced from our supply partners, Johnson Hardwood is committed to supporting Sustainable Forestry Practices. Which means that we are dedicated to preserving healthy forest ecosystems, did you know that:
- 30 to 40% of our exotic lumber comes from aged or fallen timbers. Aging trees block the sunlight, and therefore limit the growth of younger, oxygen producing trees.
- Approximately 70% of our product line is engineered in construction. As compared to solids, this gives Johnson Hardwood a four to five times better yield on our valuable lumber.
- Johnson Hardwood operates within the guidelines of the IBAMA Forestry Initiatives (Brazilian Environment & Renewable Resource Institute), and is the recipient of various IBAMA Forest Management Projects.
- Our commitment to Sustainable Forestry Practices encompasses not only the trees, but also the entire forest ecosystem.
- We employ a comprehensive Supplier Certification Program for all sourced lumber. This helps to insure that our suppliers demonstrate their commitment to environmentally conscious timber procurement.
- In our manufacturing facilities, we are proud to say that two of our manufacturing facilities have received certification to produce FSC ( Forest Stewardship Council) certified products.
- We generate much of our steam/electricity requirements by burning our recycled wood scraps reducing our carbon footprint.
- We process 100% of our recovered sawdust into highly efficient heating pellets that are used by the local communities.
- Being a California based company, we strictly adhere to all local and state guidelines regarding waste disposal, recycling, building efficiency improvements, and proper fuel/chemical storage procedures.
Yes, we make beautiful floors, but did you know:
- The adhesive used in our engineered floors meets the stringent German E-1 standard for Formaldehyde emissions
- We use only water based finishes on all of our products.
- Johnson Hardwood engineered products are available, on a special order basis, with a core adhesive which meets the criteria for LEED IEQ 4.4, Low Emitting Materials.
Johnson Hardwood realizes that environmental stewardship is our responsiblity as a manufacturer, and is an ongoing process that continually needs to be improved upon